Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar– Part 1: Setting SMART Goals
Goal setting is important to effective time management approaches. It is the single most valuable life skill that, regrettably, most people never learn how to do well.
- The Three P’s
- Establishing meaningful, long-term goals is a giant step toward achieving anything.
- The SMART Way
- SMART is a useful acronym for the set of standards that a goal must have for it to be achieved by the goal achiever.
- Prioritizing Your Goals
- Completing challenging goals demands a lot of mental energy.
- Emotionalising and visualising your goal will assist you to create the desire to develop it into your life.
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 2: Prioritizing Your Time
Time management is more than just managing our time; it is about managing ourselves, concerning time. It is about establishing priorities and taking charge.
- The 80/20 Rule
- The 80/20 rule, also known as Pareto’s Principle, says that 80% of your outcomes come from only 20% of your efforts.
- The Urgent/Important Matrix
- Excellent time management means being efficient as well as practical.
- Being Assertive
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 3: Planning Wisely
The symbol of successful time management is being consistently productive each and every day.
- Creating Your Productivity Journal
- Maximizing the Power of Your Productivity Journal
- Personal development master Brian Tracy believes that when you write down your action list the night before, your subconscious mind concentrates on that plan while you sleep.
- The Glass Jar: Rocks, Pebbles, Sand, and Water
- The story about time management that uses a glass jar, rocks, stones, pebbles, sand, and water to demonstrate how to plan your day.
- Chunk, Block, and Tackle
- Big projects can at times be so overwhelming that it is challenging to even plan to try and start them.
- Ready, Fire, Aim!
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 4: Tackling Procrastination
Procrastination involves delaying a task, or even several tasks, that should take precedence.
- Why We Procrastinate
- There are many reasons why we procrastinate.
- Nine Ways to Overcome Procrastination
- Eat That Frog!
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 5: Crisis Management
With more meticulous planning, increased efficiency, and increased productivity, the number of trials you encounter will decline.
- When the Storm Hits
- The answer to successfully handling a crisis is to move quickly and decisively, but thoughtfully.
- Creating a Plan
- Once you have collected the data, it’s time to create a plan.
- Executing the Plan
- As you execute the plan, make sure that you continue evaluating if the plan is working.
- Lessons Learned
- After the crisis has ended, take time to look at why it happened and how to prevent it in the future.
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 6: Organising Your Workspace
To efficiently manage your time and to be productive each day, you must create a suitable environment.
- Removing clutter is itself a time-consuming task, but a cluttered workspace significantly reduces your ability to find things, and you will get the time back that you invest.
- Managing Workflow
- Dealing with E-mail
- Using Calendars
- It is essential to organize your reminders into a small number of calendars and lists that can be examined daily.
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 7: Delegating Made Easy
If you work on your own, there’s only so much you can get done, no matter how hard you work.
- When to Delegate
- Delegation enables you to make the best use of your time and skills, and it encourages other people in the team to grow and develop to attain their full potential in the organization.
- To Whom Should You Delegate?
- Once you have decided to delegate responsibility, think about the possible candidates for accepting the task.
- How Should You Delegate?
- Delegation does not have to be all or nothing.
- Keeping Control
- The Importance of Full Acceptance
- Set aside enough time to completely review any delegated work that was delivered to you.
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 8: Setting A Ritual
- What is a Ritual?
- The Random House Dictionary describes a ritual as, “any practice or pattern of behaviour frequently performed in a set manner.”
- Using Rituals to Maximize Time
Time Management Course In Doha, Qatar – Part 9: Meeting Management
Meetings are often seen as a necessary evil of office life. Few people look forward to meetings, and with sound reason.
- Deciding if a Meeting is Necessary
- The first thing you need to determine is if a formal meeting is necessary.
- Using the PAT Approach
- We use the PAT method to prepare for and plan meetings.
- Building the Agenda
- Keeping Things on Track
- Making Sure the Meeting Was Worthwhile